Ginger is a vital herb which is used as a spice in international cuisines. The best part about it is the fact that the ginger itself has no defined shape or in other words this spice is almost out of shape but actually it defines a terrific shape to your life. You can use ginger in fresh form as well as in dried form. Even its roots are being used for various purposes. It belongs to the family Zingiberaceae. It is used in almost every Asian recipe, while in other cuisine it is also being used. Its juice and oil are of great medicinal and therapeutic importance. Healing benefits of ginger are good for your growing health.
Healing benefits of Ginger
A special aroma of ginger adds a distinct flavour to your food. It is also taken in tea, ginger zest and oil is used in many baked items like ginger bread n some others. Ginger is basically a part of the underground stem called rhizome. The flesh of the ginger rhizome may be red, white and yellow in color depending upon its variety. It has a stirred texture brownish covering on it. It has an amazing medicinal importance which I am going to share with you.
- Ginger is best to be used in flu. Extract some ginger juice, mix it with the honey. Use it in the morning as well as in the night to get faster results. Honey will add sweetness in it and also covers its strong aroma to some extent.
- Historically ginger has been used for constipation, bloating flatulence and other digestive complaints.
- Due to the gastro-protective effects of ginger, researchers have found that the ginger is effective for stress related ulcers.
- Ginger extracts stimulate the antioxidant production as well as it has suggesting protective effects against potentially damaging UV light. Ginger contains UV absorbing capabilities that protect against DNA damage due to UVB light.
- Ginger helps in stabilizing blood sugar level. It acts on insulin release and it also helps supporting the metabolism of lipids and carbohydrates.
- It also reveals its powerful effects against kidney, diabetes, eye, and liver complaints.
- Ginger extracts are very effective against hypertension. Ginger active compound 6-gingerol determines an active factor which helps to support healthy blood pressure and cardiovascular function.
However, you should keep in mind some precautions. If you are taking blood thinning medicines like aspirin or suffering from bleeding disorder, do not take ginger or associates. Use of ginger has some rare side effects like upsetting stomach, diarrhea and mouth irritation.