An orange is a fruit named over its colour. It carries a fresh orange colour in its peel, pulp and juices same as its freshness property. This staple fruit probably originated somewhere in South Asia. Orange is one of the most popular citrus fruit. Its scientific name is Citrus sinesis. There are different varieties of orange including sweet sour and even bitter. The most common, popular and eaten variety of orange is sweet orange. Because of it’s popularity, we are discussing 10 incredible health benefits of oranges.
Incredible Health Benefits of Oranges
Health benefits are numerous which are not possible to compile in few words. Its benefits are experienced when you have an orange or its juice. It acts as an instant energy booster, when you have an orange it instantly gives you a fresh vibe of life.an orange has more than 170 different phytochemicals and 60 flavonoids. There are also present large no. of vitamins, minerals and supplementary elements in oranges. There are briefly described the health benefits of oranges.
- An orange has higher Vitamin C content in it about 130 % of Vitamin C which is over twice the daily need. It also contains 2 % of Vitamin A and 6 % of calcium. Stronger content of Vitamin C in oranges stimulate white cells to naturally building a good immune system. They half the risk of heart diseases and significantly drop the risk of formation of calcium oxalate stones in the kidney.
- There is also present Vitamin b-6, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, phosphorous, magnesium, manganese, selenium and copper. They also have choline zeaxanthin and carotenoids.
- Choline helps to maintain the cellular membrane structure, transmission of nerve impulse, absorption of fat and reduces chronic inflammation. Zeaxanthin and carotenoids has shown an inverse relationship with the cancer rates and also contains antioxidant effects.
- It is proven through research that Vitamin C with bioflavonoids in orange protects sperm from genetic damage that may cause birth defects.
- Orange is one of those citrus fruits which help in weight loss. It increases metabolism, body energy, stamina and removed fat from the body. You can also make an orange tea with its peel at home. It is an excellent remedy for weight loss.
- Orange peels are best for natural sunscreen. Directly rub orange peels on skin it contains d-limonene which acts as a shield to UV rays of sun. Orange peel powder is considered to be the best to made homemade skin mask. Orange peel powder with the almond powder and milk is very good for glowing skin.
- Oranges are also excellent remedy at home to treat insomnia. Having an orange half an hour before going to bed is good for a healthy sleep and overall health.
- Oranges carries an acidic taste but actually they have an alkaline effect in the digestive system. It promotes healthy bacteria in intestine; helps stimulate the digestive juices and relieving constipation.
- It is proven from the studies that a flavonoid called hesperidin in oranges can lower high blood pressure.
- Orange also helps you to fight against viral infection because of the abundance of polyphenols. It carries the anti-oxidant and anti-aging properties. The anti-oxidant in the orange protect the skin from free radical damage which is known to cause sign of aging.